1. Who is Volfoni ?
Founded in March 2007, Volfoni is the leading 3D solutions rental and sales business in France. For more than 3 years, Volfoni is proud to have served 70% of the exhibitors who made the choice to equip their theaters with 3D active glasses. Our solutions allow high flexibility in terms of logistics and provide the best 3D experience currently available. We are still moving forward! Volfoni is increasing its presence in the United States focusing mainly on the Professional and Home Entertainment business. We are also currently working on new projects and partnerships all over the world.
2. Why should I choose to buy Volfoni 3D eyewear?
Our offices in Munich, Valencia, Los Angeles, London and Hong Kong as well as our extensive network of local representatives in several other countries allow us to minimize R&D and production costs. As a result, we proudly offer you the best tailor-made 3D solutions on the market at the best possible price!
– Volfoni currently comprises thirty experts in 3D, including three PhDs who specialize in liquid crystal technology and electronics, as well as VP of Innovation who has authored several best-selling 3D reference books.
– Volfoni has a major storage area in order to be able ship orders quickly to meet your deadlines,
– Volfoni offers a choice of 3D glasses and 3D solutions (both active & passive) which are amongst the best on the market.
3. I understand that this device is “producing” two mutually perpendicular circular polarized images?
Yes, this is exactly correct.
4. Is this an universal size or does Volfoni have few different sizes (to cover different diameters of different projector lenses)?
Please kindly note the size of the LCD-window is 76x76mm which fits the vast majority of commercially available consumer projectors that are currently on the market.
5. I understand that ANY properly made circular polarized glasses are OK for viewing; is this correct?
The SmartCrystal™ Pro will work with any good quality circular-polarized viewing-glasses. However, for optimum results we recommend using the circular-polarized viewing-glasses supplied by Volfoni.
6. What could be the different uses for the SmartCrystal™ Pro?
Our 3D solution SmartCrystal™ Pro can be used on many occasions, such as presentations, conferences, classrooms, events, lectures and any settings where high quality simulation and visualization are keys.
7. When will SmartCrystal™ Pro be available?
Please kindly note that the modulator of polarization SmartCrystal™ Pro is already available.
8. What is the Hybrid/Universal 3D glasses, called ActivEyes?
ActivEyes™ Pro is the world first hybrid 3D glasses. The system comprises one pair of ActivEyes™ Pro 3D glasses and one ActivMe™ Pro electronic receiver. The ActivEyes™ Pro glasses, when connected to the ActivMe™ Pro are compatible with most 3D TV models using IR signals to synchronize the 3D glasses. The ActivMe™ Pro receiver can be recharged and updated to cover new IR and RF 3D protocols via its USB port. If the ActivEyes™ Pro 3D glasses are fitted with Hybrid ClearLenses, they will also decode 3D from passive displays as well !
9. What are ActivEyes™ Pro special features?
ActivEyes™ Pro are active and passive 3D viewing-glasses. The glasses are in passive mode without the electronic clip. To view with active based TV’s or PC’s, simply plug in the clip!
10. What is the weight of the viewing-glasses?
The ActivEyes™ Pro are amongst the lightest viewing-glasses in the world, 29gr (1oz) only! Unlike other active 3D glasses, ActivEyes™ Pro has integrated the electronics separately into the clip and not in the glasses (patent pending technology), so the glasses are much lighter and more comfortable to wear.
11. Is it possible for my kids to watch 3D contents with ActivEyes?
Yes, our active/passive 3D glasses fit both adults as well as children. All the family can wear ActivEyes with comfort thanks to the lightness of the glasses, 29gr (1oz).
12. Does ActivEyes™ Pro need a battery?
Yes, ActivEyes need a battery to work properly in active mode. The eco-friendly rechargeable battery can be fully recharged in less than 2 hours. Once charged, it can last for up to 30 hours of usage.
13. In what way is Volfoni’s Liquid Crystal (LCS) technology different from other Liquid Crystal (LCS) technologies?
Volfoni offers a specific LCS technology different from that chosen by other market participants. The LCS uses an Electronically Controlled Birefringence (ECB) configuration. This technology provides optimal optical characteristics for the viewing of 3D. It is the most advanced liquid crystal solution, providing brighter images with no color artifacts, large viewing angles and minimal ghosting.
14. How can I clean my ActivEyes™ Pro?
Our cleaning wipes are recommended for the cleaning of the viewing-glasses. They are available on the market.
15. Where can I buy my ActivEyes™ Pro?
Please contact your regional Volfoni Contact who will be able to provide you with information about the nearest reseller in your region
16. What is the ActivEyes™ Pro’s guarantee?
Your ActivEyes Pro and ActivMe Pro are guaranteed to the original purchaser for three to twelve months according to local legislation. The glasses and the receiver should be returned in their original box along with the original proof of purchase. Lenses that are broken or scratched are not covered. Volfoni does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product.
17. What equipment do I need to start viewing 3D content with ActivEyes™ Pro 3D glasses?
You need four items to start being able to view images in 3D:
– A 3D enabled TV or a 3D enabled video projector
– A blu-Ray Disc player or a Play Station 3
– 3D content
– Your ActivEyes 3D glasses
18. How can I upload the software?
You can easily upload Future TV/PC models and new applications on-line on the support section.
19. How can I synchronize ActivEyes 3D glasses? / What is the procedure to use ActivEyes™ Pro 3D glasses?
It is very simple to use ActivEyes™ Pro. The electronic clip (ActivMe) has two buttons. One to turn ON/OFF the 3D glasses and the other to allow you to choose between infra-red (IR) or radio frequency (RF) synchronization.
20. Who can I contact for technical assistance?
For further technical support, please send an e-mail (click here. We will endeavor to answer as quickly as possible.
21. How does 3D technology work?
The 3D image seeks to replicate the natural sensation of the human eye in terms of depth and topography. Our two eyes, about 65 mm apart, do not record the same image: our brain superimposes these two images in order to generate the stereoscopic image. The principle of the 3D image is to give the perception of two images being channeled to each of the individual eyes, so that the brain then reconstructs the depth of the image. The images are filmed simultaneously using two separate cameras, typically placed at the same separation distance as the two eyes.
22. How does active technology work?
Active technology uses liquid crystal cells (LCC) which behave as fast optical-shutters. Each optical-shutter is synchronized with the image corresponding to each of the two eyes via either Infra Red (IR) or Radio Frequency (RF) synchronization. Active 3D viewing-glass can be divided into two different parts:
– An electronic device to detect the IR / RF signal and to actively drive the optical-shutter in order to switch them between a clear state and a blocking state.
– The LCC’s which are fast optical-shutters and allow for the perception of 3D vision. The LCC’s are required to actively switch very rapidly and should posses both a clear and a blocking state with high optical quality.
23. How does passive technology work?
Passive technology utilizes passive-polarized viewing-glasses in order to channel the two separate images to the left and right-eyes, respectively. A liquid crystal element called a polarization-modulator is used to successively switch the polarization-state of alternate images generated by the TV between two mutually perpendicular polarization directions; the use of passive polarized viewing-glasses then separates these two images and ensures that each image is only channeled to the corresponding eye.
24. Does 3D viewing cause discomfort?
Some people may feel a slight sensation of visual discomfort after watching TV in 3D over a prolonged period of time. Should you start to feel discomfort, we recommend you take a short break. We advise parents to supervise their children when watching TV in 3D in order to avoid any side effects. We do not recommend the use of 3D for children under 6 years of age because their vision has still not finished developing.
25. What are the different types of 3D TV?
The three different types of TV (LCD, Plasma, and LED-TV) are all compatible with 3D viewing.
26. What types of 3D content can I find?
The amount of 3D content is growing at a rapid rate. In 2011, about fifty movies have been released and about the same number of Blu-Ray 3D’s are already available in the stores. All major movie studios are committed to producing 3D movies and there will be an increase in the available 3D content. Football, Basket-ball, Rugby and other sporting events, such as Roland Garros, are also being released in 3D. Of course, a lot of video games are already available in 3D and this is just the beginning!
27. Is it possible to convert 2D movies into 3D?
Yes, you can certainly buy a 3D TV, convert a Blu-ray 2D film and watch it in 3D. But the 2D/3D conversion is not as accurate as a film shot in true native 3D. The value of the conversion is to rapidly expand the catalogue of movies currently available in 3D. The disadvantage is that conversion of a 2D movie has its flaws and is less convincing than filming movie in true native 3D.
28. Will I be able to view subtitles in 3D mode?
Yes, a clever way of positioning the subtitles has been established taking into account the content of images.
29. Can I see in 3D when I am playing my games’ console?
Yes, you can play video games in 3D. A lot of 3D games are already available and the number is rapidly growing.
30. How to connect SmartCrystal Cinema Horizontal, Vertical or Diamond to a network ?
Please, read the following manual for connecting your SmartCrystal Cinema Horizontal, Vertical or Diamond to a network !